Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Power of Choice.



Something I read not too long ago really struck a chord with me today: “Your life isn’t defined by what happens to you; you define your life by how you choose to respond to the things life throws at you. That is the power of choice.”

It reminds me of a quote I came across while reading Mans Search for Meaning.  It follows ...

"Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom."

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday for today. We're looking forward to seeing you next weekend. Have some people we want you to meet.

*Hugs

Sarah & Andy xoxox

sweet said...

Beautiful and so very true about Choice and the Power of it.

I am finding my growth and my freedom in that sacred space. Slow but sure. It's what "wins the race". No?

Thank you for checking in with me. All is well. You prompted me to post to my own blog... thank you for that, too.

xoxo
*sweet