Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Engagement

ENGAGEMENT

Prey passes the tiger who
Sometimes merely looks,
Sometimes pounces without hesitation,
But never fails to act.

Life is a constant series of opportunities and, admittedly, there have been times in my life where the timing was wrong, but also times and situations in my life where I just simply failed to act . Not because of timing, but more out of inability, due to fear.

Still, at my age, I am reminded that we must continue to reach out for things and fight for what we want and what we believe in. If we don't, then we cannot be in harmony with the essential nature of life. We must learn to engage and participate in somehow, and to take advantage of whatever or whoever comes our way, and to not be afraid whether the timing is right or not.

Opportunites lost because the timing was wrong I can live with. The one's that have passed by due to fear ... I cannot.

3 comments:

Paul said...

You really have evolved into such a beautiful human being. But even when you were younger you had the goods. Wise for your years and so caring.

I've watched you for 17 years grow into the person you are today. No other butch comes close. I have listened to how your speak of being a daddy and what it means as a whole and I now finally understand. I know it was difficult for me to get that kind of relationship, but now I know. You are honourable and authentic and you have opened my eyes and it only makes sense that that is the path for you.

I love that you are a friend in my life. I have a surprise for your birthday on the 22nd of this month.

We're blessed to have you in our lives.

Paul

Alexandra said...

See you tonight for celebration dinner and drinks :-)

A xo

Mister! said...

Look forward to it!

See you all then ...