Monday, March 14, 2011

The things that catch our attention...

The other day I was pulling a 10 hour shift whilst working on the road. As I was walking through the work site I noticed this on one of the trucks belonging to the company that we do contract work for. Of all the things to get my attention with all the commotion going on around me was this small photo that had been stuck down on the inside of one of the trays. When I first saw it I thought 'no way!'. I paused for a moment and managed a smile, but then experienced this sinking feeling in my stomach and afterwards found myself feeling sad, as all it did was remind me of someone who I really care about, and of something special that I have kept that she'd sent me last year for my birthday ...

Needless to say ... I miss her so very much.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry..... <3

Mister! said...

Well that's more than she gave me...

Anonymous said...

she is sorry

Jude said...

Can I say....if you were mine I'd snap you up in a heartbeat.

I don't know you but I know that life is very very very short and there aren't alot of people out there who have what it takes to play the waiting game for love. It is rare to come across words like yours and just as rare to find someone like you.

I do so hope that you find someone who loves you in return and I will continue to keep my fingers crossed for you.

I hope you continue to write

Jude x

Marguerite said...

This is so sad and touching.

peace and light x

Elena said...

Oh God! I got that sinking feeling in my stomach just from reading this.

How very sad. I hope your heart has healed :-(

Mister! said...

Not even close ...